Polish Captain Andrzej Lasota today has been acquitted by a Mexican court!
He spent over a year and a half in a Mexican prison after he was accused of smuggling over two hundred kilograms of cocaine on a ship he commanded - although he himself reported suspicious packages in the holds to the police.
Long way seams to end, hopefully he will be back home soon and will fully recover! All the best for our Captain!
Raytec Marine has just participated in Raytheon webinar about ECDIS NX COMPACT
• ETA calculation and speed of advance (SoA) for individual waypoints in UTC or local time
• Type approved as Track Control System acc. to IEC 62065 Ed. 2 with Anschütz NP5400 /NP5500 autopilots
• Additional Charts formats: ARCS, BSB, DNC
• Emission control areas (geo object events), Alarms will be activated by entering or leaving user specified areas
• ...and much more, for details visit ECDIS NX COMPACT page
• It's not always easy. How to accommodate Inmarsat rack when there is no space on the bridge and adjacent storage room is not so big but rack too wide to pass the door?
With good planning and cooperation with the crew, the solution was found. Technician has convenient space to access the rack components and storage room capacity was not much reduced. It's our 25th FX Inmarsat upgrade, good job for entire Raytec Team and especially for Andrzej!
• We are growing. Jarek is already our full-trained Service Engineer, Jimmy gives us support in Sales and Service in China - Shanghai and Sam just finished a Trainee period to become a Service Coordinator.
• We have had some personal changes by beginning of 2011. Charoula Schodder and Robert Baier left our office, from the other side we have employeed Sylwia Szczotka (as Administrator Officer), Peter Zelinsky (Purchasing Officer) and Savvas Nicolaou (Purchasing Officer). Details under TEAM page. We are looking forward for new "fresh mind" ideas comming with young blood.
• In 2010 we managed to get another 2 Class approvals: CCS and ABS.
Raytec Marine is now approved by Lloyd's Register, Germanischer Lloyd, American Bureau of Shipping and China Classification Society. For CCS we are the only one approved on Cyprus. We can perform full GMDSS surveys under mentioned classifications as well as VDR, S-VDR surveys for: AMI, NetWave and Samsung.
• We've just finished installation of Training Bridge on capesize max, 176.000 DWT vessel DHL Pacific in New Century Shipyard, Jingjang, China. It is Transas Bridge Simulator (NT Pro 4000) with fully integrated Raytheon Anschutz bridge equipment. Some more information of this project and pictures available here.
• Wide-screen monitors with square-picture Raytheon NSC radars installed on DHL Pacific. Some more pictures of the Raytheon bridge equipment available under this gallery.
• Some general information about Compass Systems, Autopilots and ECDIS Systems were added under SALES. There is also information about Rate-of-Turn Systems and GPS/DGPS and others to be prepared soon.